We know that moving into a new property can be a stressful time; therefore we aim to make the moving process as easy for you as possible. One of our highly trained and professional Negotiators will be your point of contact every step of the way.
Below we have listed a number of points that may be of interest to you and will give you a good overview of what is required of you and what will be expected of you once you move into a property.
Tenant’s guide to renting and what is required
- Viewings – If you would like to view any of our properties then please contact us on 0115 9680268 to arrange an appointment. Please note that viewings only take place Monday – Friday 10am – 5pm.
- Applying for a Property – If after the viewing of the property you wish to apply for the tenancy please ask our representative for an application form or you can download one from our website www.jmslettings.co.uk which should be completed and returned to our Lettings department at 41a Watnall Road, Hucknall, Nottingham, NG15 7JQ.
- Application Fees – When an application is made for a property, a tenancy application fee of £95.00 is payable per tenant. This fee is non refundable and non negotiable. Please note this fee is paid at the time of submitting your application forms. A further £50.00 is payable if a guarantor is required.
- Rents and Deposits – Upon the signing of the assured shorthold tenancy agreement a month’s rent in advance is payable together with a deposit equivalent to at least a month’s rent and £150.00 when the contracts are drawn up – non refundable. Please note that the deposit will be held until the end of the tenancy and returned to you once the property has been checked subject to any remedial work which may be required. If a deposit is paid and the property has been taken off the market and the tenant then decides not to proceed with the application the deposit may be held by the landlord for loss of rent.
- It is a condition of entering into a Tenancy Agreement the tenant shall:
Please ensure that all tenants also initial the bottom of every page of all three contracts.
As is a condition of entering into a Tenancy Agreement the tenant shall:
(a) Obtain and maintain a policy of insurance with a reputable insurance company to provide cover for accidental damage to the Landlord’s property, fixture and fittings and possessions.
(b) Upon request provide us with a copy of the insurance certificate and policy, to evidence your compliance with the condition.
This cover can be arranged through a provider of your choice. We can provide you information on the covers offered by Homlet if required.
Telephone: 0115 9680268
Out of hours emergency telephone: 07917371894